WFD - Tap this directive!
What is the WFD?
It is a pan-European institutional framework for protection and water management.
Lays out a new safety net in the most valuable asset, covering human and nature.
The water should ...
... to save... be measured... be checked... be protected!What does the WFD?
- Prevents deterioration of the quality of our water
- Protect the waters of rivers and lakes, groundwater and the waters of our coasts.
- Promotes sustainable water use.
... CARES FOR OUR QUALITY OF LIFE AND OTHER GENERATIONS WHO BELOW!
Did you know that ...
- Water is the most precious of our natural resources?
- A drop could potentially damage the substance can infect thousands of cubic meters of water?
- The toxic pollution "leaves" difficult and slow, setting a risk to children and grandchildren?
Tell us what you think!We built the first water management plan!
Your participation is essential!
For more information on the timetable and work plan, including, but measures will be taken to consultation, please contact the Development Department Ydaaton Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources in Street Elementary Severi, PC 1413 in Nicosia or tel: 22803390 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each EU Member should prepare and implement a management plan for surface and groundwater in its own territory.
This project lasts 6 years and then followed by another project.
Operation programs for monitoring and controlling water.
Preliminary presentation of important issues for water management.
Presentation of the draft will include measures to be taken for water management.
Completion and publication of the plan will include the necessary measures for water management (Draft River Basin Management).
Preparing to implement the necessary measures to improve water quality.
Time limit in which the water should be in good chemical and ecological status.
2015 - 2021
Period of implementation of a new management plan and resumption of consultations.